Thursday, June 17, 2010

[another] Question about hair straightening?

Right now I have a straightener I got from Walgreens for like $20. I wanted/needed a straightener on a budget so I figured that was the cheapest there so I got it. Well it takes forever to straighten my hair, and my hair always get's caught in is and I can hear it break off. This tells me it really is a bad straightener... I forget the name but I'll add it soon.



So I'm thinking I want a new hair straightener - help!



I always here that the Chi is the best out there, but my hair is very thin so I don't know if that would make it even thinner.



My hair is naturally straight except for ever end flips in different directions. It's really annoying. And I have a lot of frizz too (because every hair that is shorter than the rest flips outwards, and I have alot of that so yeah.



Any suggestions? I want a good straightener that doesn't take forever, doesn't break my hair, and doesn't cause frizz/that fixes frizz. Or something close.



Thanks!



[another] Question about hair straightening?

The best product to spray on before straightening is Redken spray starch, it works like a hairspray when it gets heated on the hair. Helps create straight hair and keep the hold in all day long. As for a flat iron- I would go to a beauty supply store open to the public such as Sally's. You won't be spending big bucks like for the Chi but you will get a nice flat iron that has great temp. settings for your hair and one that waon't break the hair. I do hair for a living and in the salon I use a really expensive one since I am doing hair all day, but for at home this is what I use and love it.



[another] Question about hair straightening?

i use conair and i have to let it heat up for about 5-10 minutes and then divide your hair in half and do half first and make sure every piece is straight and then do the other half. put some garnier fructis smoothing cream in it, it helpss =) good luck



[another] Question about hair straightening?

I have the chi and its great but i have thick hair, so maybe it wouldnt work for you, try a midgrade(walmart $30-40) ceramic straightener (always use a straightening product before you use the iron that could be why your hair is thining).



[another] Question about hair straightening?

I love love love the wet 2 straight straightener by Remington. I never use it when my hair is wet, but I use it on the highest heat which is 30 and it works soooo good. It was like 20-25 bucks for it. Cheap and amazing :] Also look for str8, you might have to go to a salon for it. It's by Rusk and it's a spray you use before straightening



[another] Question about hair straightening?

ehh, i can suggest a new straightener. the Remmington Wet To Straight works wonders. no caught hair, it heats up really quickly, and it gets really hott. it works on even the thickest hair :]



[another] Question about hair straightening?

well i dont really think its the flat iron, trust me on this, i straighten my hair all the time. dont flatten it every day because it burns your hair and breaks if off, make sure you have it turned all the way up and try to get the flat iron that is hard in the center rather than the soft one, but most likely you would have to pay more for a good one...i got mines on sale for 17.99



[another] Question about hair straightening?

try a chi straightener, those are really good:)



for the protecting thing, look in a drug store, i dont really know any specfic type of brands sorry:)



hope it helps



xx



[another] Question about hair straightening?

i know i bougt one at wallgreens too is conair is a red and silver one it sucks really!!!!!!!!!! it breaks hair what i did was that i got an haircut (they choped of all the broken hair) and then i bough an leave in conditioner that haves vitamins and prevent slit ends. and i got my hair normal again!!!!!!!!!!!!



chaoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(K)



[another] Question about hair straightening?

This question needs to include what type of hair you have. If its black ethnic hair, then your needs are very different. If its not ethnic than you do not need chemicals....



I will state up front that I have my areas of specialty...ethnic hair is not one of them and I would rather let another who is more knowledgble.....Its not that I wouldn't like to help, its just that I went to beauty school in 1990-1991 in Maine and I feel as though I missed out on that training, I only know the basics....



If its regular hair on a caucasian then you shouldn't be using chemical straighteners.....that is not the problem. If its fairly straight to begin with then you should begin with a good undercut, i.e. like a bob straight across back.....



I use the chi products on occasion however having fine thin hair myself the following products are awesome...



Paul Mitchell Mouse



Joico, Styling Lotion, KMS SHINE SERUM which comes in spray or liquid. I find the chi too heavy for me personally.....



I would use pro products, Matrix, Joico, etc....



From there it is simply a matter of training your undercut, either by blow drying focusing on the problem areas and follow up with either a flat iron or large barrel curling iron....



An undercut directs the hair in the correct direction, under at the ends....If its easy just train with a couple large rollers that will only form about a half of curl...i.e no curl, just direction....



I really hope this helps............



[another] Question about hair straightening?

Why wont u just go get your hair flat iron for only like 15.00 or let one of your friends do it



Good luck



[another] Question about hair straightening?

ok this is the best straightener out there but it costs. its called japanese hair straightening and it lasts for a year and your hair is so soft and shiny and like a waterfall of silk. i swear! no matter how many times you wash it it always comes out the same ..straight-shiny-silky-and soft, oh yeah, and there is absolutely no frizz.



[another] Question about hair straightening?

i have coarse thick curly hair and i had every straightener i can name and the one that works the best is conair. its cheap bout 20-25 dollars. dont buy anything cheap if you dont have to. beauty isnt cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php web hosting