Saturday, November 28, 2009

Chi vs. Sedu?

I'm looking to buy a new straightener. I recently went to the salon and she used a CHI straightener to style (curl) my hair and I loved the way it came out. I've been doing some research and have found that people think highly of Sedus as well. In your opinions, which one is the better one to buy (I need it ASAP) and why?



Chi vs. Sedu?

Sedu is the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. I have fine extremely curly hair, that frizzes up to a big afro with the first sign of humidity. It takes me over an hour to blow dry my hair straight. And I have to put all kinds of product in it. Then I have to do a hair wrap to keep it smooth. I have tried everything, including Thermal Reconditioning which worked great, until all my hair started to break and fall off. Every time I comed my hair, my bathroom floor looked like a rug. Not to mention, I still had to spend an hour blowdrying my hair. It just didn't frizz afterwards. After endind up with a third less hair and a bold spot in front of my head, it was clear I would not do that to my hair again.



With Sedu, my hair is perfectly straigh, with no frizz, and increadible shine. When I first got it, I had washed my hair 2 days before and had put it up on a braid. When I let my hair down it had dried up into this curly frizzy mess. I was able to make it pin straigh with very little effort, and best of all, whithout any blow-drying. It looked the same way as when I got the Bio-ionic treatment done. One thing, if it doesn't work for you, you might need to make the temperature hotter. I straighten all my hair out, when I realized I could make the iron hotter. That's when my hair turned into a dream come true. When my sister saw my hair, she told me, she wanted a Sedu for X-mas. I actually got mine a week ago. I took it on a 3 day trip to the keys (Florida)and had beautiful straight hair the whole time. I just did it again today, and was turning heads everywhere. I'm I glad I didn't get that $350 bio-ionic flat iron. Take it from the most critical people in the world (my sister and I) Sedu is awesome!!! get one. It is worth every penny and more.



The main difference between Sedu and CHI is: you can adjust temperature on Sedu, while the temp is fixed on CHI, it may fried your hair if your hair is thin.



Sedu is the best flat iron out there!



Chi vs. Sedu?

You can never go wrong with CHI



Chi vs. Sedu?

I have a Sedu and my friend has a Chi. My Sedu is still working while hers is broken.



Chi vs. Sedu?

Definitely Sedu. I first owned a Chi and absolutely fell in love with it. But after a year, or just under, it felt and smelled like the Chi was burning my hair. I'm not sure if it was because I had been using the Chi for a long time as it did not used to do this when I first used it. The one I had only had one heat setting. So after a while I couldn't stand the burning smell and purchased a Sedu. I loved how it had different heat settings and did not make that burning smell! My hair felt 10 times softer than it did when I used my Chi and did not make it obviously pin straight like the Chi did (which was what I wanted). The only regret I have is purchasing the 1 1/2" Sedu instead of the 1" because it's harder to reach my roots with the larger Sedu. Check out www.folica.ca for further reviews and picture testimonials.



Chi vs. Sedu?

Do NOT get CHI. my family went thru 5 CHI in 3 yrs. Chi breaks within a few months and you have to pay $35 plus shipping to get it fixed. Their warranty is worthless!



U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission just announced a recall of Chi flat irons due to fire and burn hazards:



http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtm...



RipReport.com about CHI:



http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/24...



Chi vs. Sedu?

Sedu works great for my THICK, FRIZZY hair. it is the only iron that let my hair stay straight for days even in high humidity (new york city).



Chi vs. Sedu?

As a stylist, I have used a lot of flat irons (hair straighteners), including Sedu, Hai, Infrashine, Chi, Paul Mitchell, Solia, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss Ghd, T3, Kenta etc.



In terms of performance:



The best ones are: Sedu, Kenta, Solia, Ghd, Infrashine. These are top of the line professional brands



Above average: Chi, Hai, Paul Mitchell,



Average: T3, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss



Below Average: Conair, Vidal Sassoon, Revlon, Bed Head etc. These are cheap consumer brands that you will find in drugstore. If you care about your hair, do NOT buy them.



=== Helpful Flat Iron Instruction Video ====



How to Curl Hair With Straightener



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfoihBOzP...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57daS_c_...



http://www.folica.com/info/curl-hair-fla...



http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-curl...



How to Use a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7NWAWPb...



How to Add Volume to Your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCyLM_kuu...



How to Create Sexy Waves with a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_Olhlb2...



How to Flip your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMPuIdQ0...



Tips for buying professional hair appliances - do NOT buy from unauthorized places like amazom.com, eBay, Target etc. Buy from licensed places like salon, licensed professional beauty stores, Folica.com, Ulta.com, West Coast Beauty Supply inc. etc



Chi vs. Sedu?

Mine is the sedu original, works better than any other irons i ever used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php web hosting